Social isolation is not an excuse for domestic abuse. It is a crime and it can affect anyone. During the ‘lockdown’, limited contact with the outside world may make you, or someone you know, feel unsafe. But specialist teams are available to help, 24 hours a day.
In an emergency, Telephone: 9 9 9, or Telephone: 1 0 1, for non-emergencies. You can also speak to someone online at www.kent.police.uk .
Making a ‘Silent Call’:
If you are unable, or too frightened to speak, Telephone: 9 9 9, and when the call connects, then press, 55, to tell the operator that you need help.
Other Places to Get Help:
There are other agencies working with Kent Police to support you:
- The Indepedendent Domestic Violence Advisor, Telephone: 078 5685 6278 .
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline, Telephone: 0808 2000 247 .
- Kent and Medway Domestic Abuse Helpline, click this link .
- Victim Support, Telephone 08 08 1689 111 or click this link .
- Broken Rainbow, click this link .
- Childline, Telephone: 0800 1111