You need Photo I.D. to vote

You will need some sort of Photo Identification to vote at the elections in May. This could be a Driving Licence (full or provisional), a passport, a blue badge or a bus pass. If your I.D. has expired then it may still be accepted if the photo still looks like you.

If you do not have any of these things, then you can apply for a Voter Authority Certificate. You can do this online by clicking this link, in writing or in person to the Elections Team at Dover District Council. You must be registered to vote before applying for a Voter Authority Certificate.

The deadline to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate is 5pm Thursday 25th April 2023.

Dover District Council is holding Voter I.D. Roadshows to help with information. Your nearest venues are: St.James’ Retail Park, Dover on 14th and 21st April from 1pm to 3pm; and the Car Park at Tesco, Whitfield on 14th and 21st April from 4pm to 7pm.

The elections in May are for District, Town and Parish Councils. If you would like to find out more about becoming a Parish Councillor and serving your community then visit this webpage.

For more information on Photo I.D., visit this page at Dover District Council–Democracy/Elections/Voter-ID.aspx

By clerk

Translate »